Derek Wood is Principal Surveyor and Office Manager for our Christchurch site. In 2013 Derek returned from Perth where he spent the last few years in mining and infrastructure projects. He is a highly experienced in construction and land development, leading the Envivo Christchurch surveying teams.
Derek started his career with the Ministry of Works and Development where he had the opportunity to work on the Clutha Hydro dam. He has had a long career in all aspects of surveying consulting and is enjoying re-establishing his life in Christchurch and developing the Envivo office.
His specialties are:
1. Mine Surveys (9 years)
2. Engineering Surveys (17 years)
3. Project Management (12 years)
4. GNSS/GPS Surveys (20 years)
5. Control/Precision Surveys (10 years)
6. Deformation Surveys (7 years)
7. Property Boundary (Cadastral) Surveys (Licensed for 30+ years NZ)