Before committing to purchasing a property our clients often need planning advice to verify exactly what can and what cannot be developed on a site. Other clients, who already have a property, like to discuss future possibilities.
Envivo Planners, Surveyors and Engineers can provide planning advice on land including; commercial, residential, rural, urban and coastal. Whether you are thinking of building an apartment block, developing a retail site, constructing a boat ramp or even something as simple as a renovation – your project will benefit from having someone who knows all about Council rules and regulations and can offer you impartial and practical advice. We can offer:
- Planning report – usually 10-12 pages of information about a property that will tell you everything you need to know about the zoning, regulations, likely developmental restrictions and opportunities.
- Due Diligence – ideal for those looking at purchasing a property and wanting to establish how it can be utilised prior to progressing the purchase.
- Feasibility study –if you have an idea about what you would like to do, whether a small renovation or a large multi-use development, it’s important to find out if it’s likely to be feasible, the consenting process, the time frame and costs.
Initially our professional staff meet with clients to fully understand the preliminary development concept. After establishing what our client wishes to do we thoroughly investigate data available through numerous sources such as Auckland Council, LINZ, the Operative Auckland District Plan, Publicly Notified Auckland Unitary Plan, the Certificate of Title and relevant consent notices.
In a recent example the client was keen to establish a home improvement supply centre and warehousing facilities. The area would need to be subdivided and free hold sections created. Questions were raised by the client in relation to the maximum building height and coverage, location of the building and the amount of car parking space required.
Following a thorough investigation Envivo provided a report and advice to enable the client to move forward and a time line for consenting development of the site. This included:
- A full site survey
- Undertake development engineering design including storm water, waste water, and other service connections
- Co-ordinate with specialists required for the project and organize a pre-application meeting with council to confirm
- Activity status
- Parking ratio
- Development engineering requirements
- Engage a traffic engineer to undertake access, parking, loading and on site manoeurvring design
- Engage an architect, a structural engineer and a geotechnical engineer to undertake building and foundation design.
- Preparation of land use resource consent application
The resulting 76 page report gave the client all the information needed to make a decision about whether to go ahead and purchase the property he had his eye on.
If you would like to find out more about feasibility reports and due diligence please contact us.
Read more about subdivisions: