- Nothing less than exceptional
quality is good enough.
Work Experience days for Auckland Grammar School Student
Alex from Auckland Grammar School has joined us on regular work experience days this month. He is working as a Survey Assistant, which is exactly what the title says – they assist our Surveyors.
Alex said “I enjoy working with the Envivo staff. They are really helpful and good at explaining aspects of surveying that I’m unfamiliar with. I enjoy working in a hands-on environment and learning how the information transfers back into the office.”
- During work experience Alex can see first-hand what happens in a typical surveyors’ day on the job. Getting a realistic idea of the positive and negative parts of a role will help him to make an informed career choice.
- Meeting people in the job means he can ask them questions, such as what they like best about their job, how they ended up in their line of work, and what qualifications they have.
Envivo offers regular part-time work for some staff (students) who are currently studying surveying – and are lucky enough to earn an income and gain industry experience at the same time.
Alex is researching training options for next year; these may include a National Diploma in Surveying at Unitec, Auckland or a Bachelor of Surveying from the University of Otago.
Some of the things we look for in a potential surveyor are:
- a good work ethic
- a willingness to learn
- an ability to work well in a team environment
- enjoys working outdoors
- good at maths
- excellent English is a must
Doing work experience lets us see what kind of person Alex is – and he gets to find out about us. Alex has already shown a reliable and positive attitude – if he is a good fit for us, there could be a potential job with Envivo in the future.
If you would like to find out more about career opportunities at Envivo click here.