When Kohimaramara’s St Thomas’s School required new classroom and administration facilities to accommodate its increasing roll they enlisted the help of the Envivo engineering team. Seven classrooms replaced an existing older building and five new classrooms were added to cater for future roll growth, along with a new administration block. All were designed with the new modern learning environment in mind that is open-plan and flexible. Classrooms are complemented by breakout spaces and a resource area. The new administration block provides improved facilities and spaces for staff.
Working with Eclipse Architects our team provided the structural and civil works design and oversaw the construction of both blocks.
Our engineers provided:
- Civil works design and documentation including investigation of existing infrastructure to determine if extra stormwater and wastewater reticulation was required for the new development
- Excavation and site works plans
- Structural design and documentation
- Construction monitoring and site surveillance
Most importantly, when working on a school project is that the work is carried out to cause the least inconvenience to school operations, neighbours and the public – as is reasonably possible. Our teams have undertaken plenty of school projects and are sensitive to the constraints of working within an educational environment.
Click here for more school projects, read more about our Project Management services.
Read more about our experience with schools and some recent large educational projects include:
- Edendale primary School, Balmoral – click here to read more
- Otahuhu College – click here to read more
- Surfdale schools, Waiheke Island – click here
- Clayton Park Primary School, Wattle Downs – click here