Client: Bledisloe Park Sports Centre
130 Queen Street, Pukekohe
Cost: $2.25 million
Commenced August 2015
The new Bledisloe Park Sports Centre for the resident Pukekohe Association Football Club (AFC) and Pukekohe-Metro Cricket Club is almost complete.
Pacific Environments Architects designed the new club house to fit the brief perfectly, providing a practical, highly functional building that is also cost-effective within the agreed budget. The simple but stylish design includes downstairs changing rooms and a corner tuck-shop that opens to the grounds. Upstairs are a range of rooms including a bar and restaurant, offices, meeting and event rooms and all are planned for disabled accessibility (including a lift). The design takes full advantage of the view from the club rooms and includes a generous balcony area overlooking the playing fields.
The field needed earthworks prior to construction to ensure the infill and site would be robust enough to structurally support the new multi-sport clubrooms. The ground level is constructed from masonry blocks, with steel portal frames supporting the upper level.
Alex Adriano, Structural Engineer, said “Since day one we focused on delivering a very cost-effective solution as well as keeping up with a high quality solution. We made sure the project ran smoothly. We were very conscious of cost-control and all stakeholders were good at communicating and working together to provide an excellent multi-sports venue for the Bledisloe Park Sports Centre.”
Our engineers provided structural engineering services:
- Review of preliminary architectural drawings
- Preliminary Structural Design Scheme
- Review of geotechnical report and liaison with geotechnical engineer to establish design parameters and methodology for foundations and retaining walls
- Preliminary analysis of main structural components i.e. the foundations, suspended floor over the changing and storage rooms, new roof, walls, stairs, lift shaft and bracing elements
- Scheme design sketches showing principal structural members, foundation elements, and location and type of bracing elements
- Detailed structural calculations for all structural elements and connections
- CAD drawings for all structural details, connections and bracing members
- Revisions as requested by client/architect
- Producer statement PS1 for building consent application
- Liaison with Council and Peer Reviewer (PS2)
- Provide tender drawings, liaise with tenderers, issued construction phase drawings to contractor
- Construction Phase Services
- Attendance of site meetings
- Review of shop drawings
- Liaison with contractor and additional sketch details as required to resolve construction issues
- Site services with and final producer statement (construction review)
Read more about our structural and civil engineering services.