- Nothing less than exceptional
quality is good enough.
Jeanette Ma wins the prestigious Wellington City Council Undergraduate of the Year in the New Zealand Spatial Excellence Awards
We are delighted to announce one of our newest surveyors, Jeanette Ma, has won the Wellington City Council Undergraduate of the Year in the New Zealand Spatial Excellence Awards 2016. The award was presented at a glittering ceremony held at Te Papa museum on Thursday 17 November.
Jeanette was nominated for her work on a terrestrial laser scanning project involving the scanning of an airport plant room. The work included obtaining survey control, processing and registration of the scanned data and 3D modelling of MEP systems.
She joined Envivo engineering, surveying and planning in June 2016 and has become a popular and valuable member of the team, quickly learning our systems and being involved in a wide range of projects. Mark Finlayson, Survey and Scanning Director, said “Jeanette has traversed a massive swathe of skill sets in this project. From initial scanning, data processing then modelling, Jeanette utilised numerous complex software systems including Revit, Trimble Real Works and online Open Simulator. She has definitely learnt a lot that she can bring to her surveying career with Envivo.”
Jeanette added “I found this a thoroughly interesting project and I have learnt a lot that has already been useful at Envivo. I’m looking forward to working with the laser scanning surveyors and the other teams too.”
As part of her training towards becoming a Licensed Cadastral Surveyor Jeanette needs to complete a variety of fieldwork and is currently spending three months with our planning team, after which she will return to the surveying department – and then spend six months with our engineers, working on projects to fulfil her licensing requirements.
Jeanette is particularly interested in developing her surveying skills and learning new technologies including:
- Cadastral surveying
- Survey methodology
- Deformation monitoring
- BIM Building Information Modelling applications
- Data analysis and preparation of deliverables for clients
- Customer service and client interaction
- Liaising with our eight survey field teams and the survey technicians throughout New Zealand
- a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) specialising in Energy, Environment and Natural Resources Law from the University of Auckland,
- Won a Harrison Grierson Scholarship in Surveying
- University of Otago Scholarship in Surveying
- University of Otago Summer Research Scholarship